IN A NUTSHELL
All the information we collect from you is only used to give you the best possible experience using Pigeon. We don’t run ads inside the product or sell data to make money. We’ve built a good product and charge our users a subscription to run the business. We live from service we provide, not from service we hide.
We take your privacy extremely seriously and have the best practices in place to safeguard your data. If you delete any account as a user from Pigeon, we permanently delete the data and credentials from our servers.
1. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY?
The categories of information we collect can include:
- Information you provide us directly. We may collect personal information, such as your name, email address, phone number, and payment information when you register for our Service, sign up for our mailing list, or otherwise communicate with us. We may also collect any communications between you and the Company and any other information you provide to the Company.
- Information collected through the use of the Service.
- Account authentication/passwords and data: Accounts are added to Pigeon through OAuth authentication. OAuth is a secure mechanism which gives us access to your data without letting us know your password.
- User Actions: We do NOT collect information about how you use the Service and your actions on the Service. We are not interested in user's data mining, ads or spamming. We do not use any third party services (such as Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Amplitude, MixPanel etc) to collect and analyze how you use Pigeon mail. Simply, we track nothing! We only value your written feedback.
- Emails and Contacts: Pigeon uses the cloud to download and push them to your device. Pigeon’s cloud downloads and pushes only recent emails — last 200 emails sent or received in the last 30 days. Email attachments are first proxied through our servers and then downloaded to your device once you initiate download. Pigeon servers may store and process these data to make some of the features work - Follow up, Send Later, Read Receipts, Push Notifications with content optimised to the device’s capability and for UI presentation.
- Preferences: Information including read receipts and app preferences are collected and stored on our servers. This is in order to update and synchronize these features across multiple devices when using the Service.
- Server logs: Our web servers, application servers and various processes may log information useful for running, monitoring and maintaining the service.
- General Statistical Information: When you visit our website and use our applications we gather usage statistics. This information is referred to throughout this Policy as "General Statistical Information". It may include device type and settings, operating system, interaction within the Pigeon apps and websites, newsletter emails, crash reports, the date, time, and referrer URL of your request. This data helps us to determine how and the extent to which certain parts of our website and applications are used.
We use this information to build, operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages and push notifications. We may also send you Service-related emails or messages (e.g. account verification, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). For more information about your communication preferences, see "Control and access to your information (5)" below.
2. GOOGLE API
Pigeon mail use of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
3. EMAILS WE SEND
Sometimes, we'll send emails to your registered email address.
There are "transactional" emails which you can't opt out of, which informs you about your account, service changes and new policies.
Along with these, you might also receive emails which are newsletters, digests etc. You can opt out of these emails.
When you interact with an email sent from Pigeon (such as opening an email or clicking on a particular link in an email), we may receive information about that interaction. We won’t email you to ask for your password or other account information. If you receive such an email, please send it to us so we can investigate.
4. HOW WE USE TRACKING TECHNOLOGY TO COLLECT INFORMATION
We automatically collect usage information when you visit our Website or use the Service through the use of tracking technologies, including tracking pixels and similar technology (collectively, "Tracking Technologies"). We may use the data collected through Tracking Technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it the next time you visit the Website or use the Service; (b) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (c) provide functionality of the Service including read receipts; (d) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (e) otherwise to plan for and enhance our Service.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Website or Service, as some features and services on our Website or Service may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies.
5. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. We may share your personal information with:
- Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us and in connection with the provision of our Services. This may include hosting or analytic services;
- Other parties in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
- Third parties as required by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to protect the security or integrity of our Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the Company, our visitors, or others.
We may also share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
6. CONTROL AND ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
- Profile and data sharing settings: You may update user profile information such as your account password, from the app settings. You may also reach out to us at regarding the same.
- Control of your communications preferences: You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications or otherwise contacting us at . We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests.
- Two Step Verification: You may choose to enable Two Step Verification in order to add an extra layer of security to your Pigeon account. To provide this feature, we collect the phone number to which we send a verification code that can be used to login to Pigeon.
- Modifying or deleting your information: In the event you delete your data from Pigeon, or delete your Pigeon account, your entire index as well as your authentication information is completely and permanently deleted from our servers, and we therefore do not have access to any of your data anymore. This deletion process can take up to 30 days
7. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
- Data storage and transfer: We use the DigitalOcean infrastructure to store, process, and transfer your information collected through our Website and Service. You can read more about DigitalOcean's data privacy . Your information will be stored and processed in Germany.
- Keeping your information safe: We maintain physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. To protect the security of your information, we use industry standard secure authentication and encryption code and protocols to encrypt your information in transit. We use two-factor authentication for all server access in our production environment and we maintain industry standard system logging and monitoring. However, no security system is impenetrable. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of as security breach, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised.
8. READ RECEIPTS
Read Receipts allows you to see the read/unread status of your sent emails without any notification to the recipient. We collect and track information about your sent email and your recipient's actions like email open. Read Receipts is turned ON by default.
If you are based in the EU or deal extensively with EU citizens, keep in mind that you must meet the requirements of .
9. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Pigeon does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personally identifiable information such as email address or name from children under the age of 16, we will promptly initiate deletion process. Parents and guardians can contact us on if they are aware that their child has provided us with personal information without their consent.
10. LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
11. HOW TO CONTACT US